There are certain events that may happen in your life that require you to hire a reputable lawyer. A major life event like filing for divorce, declaring bankruptcy, or recovering from a personal injury accident can be stressful and emotional on its own.
Having a competent attorney on your side to help you follow the judicial process, fill out all the necessary paperwork, and know your legal rights and options can relieve a lot of your stress and anxiety.
5 Tips For Hiring a Reputable Lawyer
If you’re shopping for an attorney, take your time and research the attorney and his or her firm. Make sure you consider the following:
- Experience – How long has the attorney been practicing law? How many cases has he or she handled in the area in which you need help? Is the area of practice his or her primary focus?
- Reputation – Are others saying good things about this law firm? Find online reviews and ask friends and family what they have heard about the law firm you are considering.
- Responsiveness – When you contact the law firm, is the staff polite and friendly? Do they answer your questions and return your calls promptly? This is a sign of things to come if you choose to hire this law firm.
- Fee Structure – When you schedule your initial consultation, ask if there is a fee involved for the first visit. Many law firms offer a free consultation so you can meet the attorney and ask your legal questions, which is a great way to discover if their firm is the right fit for you before you hire them. Once you do reach the point of hiring the firm, be sure to understand the fees involved. Your attorney should be able to give you a copy of the fee disclosure in the contract you sign with him or her.
- Honest Advice – When you talk with the attorney in your first consultation, be sure he or she is providing honest, realistic advice for your situation. A good attorney will evaluate your case for its strengths but will also be upfront with you about any potential issues that they foresee.
Experienced Lawyers in Tennessee
We hope that you will consider Flexer Law in your search for a skilled attorney in Middle Tennessee. Contact us today to schedule a free initial consultation with an experienced attorney to discuss your legal concerns.
Flexer Law Locations